- “Reducing Avoidable Emergency Visits and Improving Patient Health Care Access: A Successful Community Consortium Model for Establishing a Community Clinic,” Melnick, G., Green, L., (2011).
- “North Vallejo Patient Access Partnership ‘Right Care, Right Place’ Project Evaluation.” Online Issue Paper, California HealthCare Foundation, Green, Lois and Glenn A. Melnick, (May 2011).
- North Vallejo Patient Access Partnership “Right Care, Right Place” Project Evaluation Report (full report). USC Center for Health Financing, Policy and Management, Green, Lois and Glenn A. Melnick, (May 2011).
- “Physicians On Call: California’s Patchwork Approach to Emergency Department Coverage.” Online Issue Paper, California HealthCare Foundation. In collaboration with the California Hospital Association, Green, Lois, S. Sarkis and G. Melnick. (February 2011).
- “Trends in Emergency Department Capacity, Utilization, and Access: An Update from California, 2001-2007,” Glenn A. Melnick and Fonkych, Katya, (2009).
- “Does Concentration in Health Plan and Hospital Markets Affect Hospital Prices?” Glenn Melnick, Chu Shen, Vivian Y. Wu (2009).
- “Is California’s Hospital Based ED System Eroding?” California HealthCare Foundation, G Melnick, K. Fonkych, (2009).
- Marginal Cost of Emergency Department Outpatient Visits: An Update Using California Data (2005)
- On Call Physicians At California Emergency Departments: Problems and Potential Solutions (2005)
- Cost the Cost of Emergency Department Visit and its Relationship to Emergency Department Volume (2005)
- Nonurgent Care in ED: Can we save by shifting the site of care? (2005)
- The Effect of Medicare HMOs on Hospitalization Rates for Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions (2005)
- Emergency Department Capacity and Access in California – An Economic Analysis (2004)
- Emergency Departments in Health Care System: Use of Services in California Counties (2003)
- California’s Emergency Departments: Do They Contribute To Hospital Profitability (2003)
- California’s Emergency Departments: System Capacity And Demand (2002)
- Emergency Departments in the Health Care System Use of Services in California and the United States (2002)
Back to Research and Resources