Health System Structure and Reform
- Melnick, G, Shen, Y, and Wu, V., “The Increased Competition of Health Plan Markets Can Benefit Consumers Through Lower Hospital Prices,” Health Affairs, 30(9): 1728-1733, September, 2011.
- “Trends and Effects of HMO Market Structure: An Analysis of HMO Penetration, Market Concentration, and Plan Ownership, 1994-2005,” Shen, Wu, and Melnick (2007).
Shen, Yu-Chu, Melnick Glenn, “Is Managed Care Still An Effective Cost Containment Device?” Frontiers in Health Policy Research, 2007; 9(1): Article 3. 7.
- “The Changing Effects of HMO Market Structure: An Analysis of Penetration, Concentration, and Ownership Over Time (1994-2005),” Shen, Yu-Chu, Wu, Vivian and Melnick, Glenn (2008).
- “Do Trends in the Structure of HMO Hospital Networks in California, 1999-2003,” Melnick and Ketcham (2007).
- Melnick, Glenn and Jonathan Ketcham, “Have HMOs Broadened their Hospital Networks: Changes in HMO Hospital Networks in California, 1999-2003?” Medical Care, Volume 46(3) March 2008, pp. 339-342.
- Is Managed Care Still an Effective Cost Containment Device? (2005)
The Emerging Consumer Driven Value Revolution in Health Care (2004)
- Statement of Glenn Melnick, PhD on the Uninsured before Congress of the United States, U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means (2004)
Back to Research and Resources